Thursday 4 August 2011

QPR sign DJ Campbell from Blackpool on two-year deal

QPR sign DJ Campbell from Blackpool on two-year deal

 

Premier League newcomers QPR have completed the signing of Blackpool striker DJ Campbell on a two-year contract.
The 29-year-old is Rangers' fourth summer signing, joining fellow newcomers Jay Bothroyd, Kieron Dyer and Danny Gabbidon at Loftus Road.
"I grew up around here and QPR have played a massive part in my life," said Campbell.
The fee is undisclosed but believed to be in the region of £1.2m.

DJ Campbell's fast facts

  • Born: 12 November 1981
  • Birthplace: Hammersmith, London
  • Position: Striker
  • Former clubs: Brentford, Birmingham, Leicester, Blackpool
  • Career goals: 76
Campbell, who scored 13 Premier League goals for the Seasiders last season, added: "There were other clubs in the Premier League that showed an interest but when I heard QPR were in for me it was an offer I couldn't refuse.
"This was my first club, from six to 16, so to finally be back here at the age of 29 is really special."
QPR manager Neil Warnock said: "He is someone I have admired for a while now and he had a fabulous season in the Premier League with Blackpool last year.
"He is a QPR fan and you can tell he has a great desire to do well for the club he supports. That shone through when I met up with him - he can't wait to play for us.
"He also gives us that extra element of pace which we need and I am sure he will prove to be a big hit with the fans at Loftus Road this season."
Campbell joined Blackpool permanently last season after two successful loan spells from Leicester.
He was given his chance in league football by Brentford before he moved to Birmingham and then to the Foxes.

 

1 comment: